It’s not only a special time of year to celebrate love, it’s also time for Cards for Soldiers. We appreciate and honor our service women and men every year with cards for soldiers. Valentine’s Day is the perfect way to share the love and admiration. For my cards I got to play with decorative heart punches. It’s fun to layer the papers and punch random hearts! It’s even better to use double sided papers so you get more options. A Great way to use up small scraps. And don’t through away any extra hearts use them for confetti! Here are a few of my supplies-
1) 4.5″ by 6″ card, I usually make my own
2) A German Dresden Scrap angel and an Art Chix Flourish Postage image
3) Aleene’s® Original Tacky Glue™, it only takes a small amount and you want to smooth it out when applying.
4) Creative Memories Heart punches
5) Black paper from Stampin’ UP and Red paper from Close to My Heart.
6) Vintage sheet music scraps and red valentine heart for accents
This baby card began as a sweet Baby Fairy Post image from ArtChix that resembles my son. I then selected pink paper for my 4.5″ x 6″ card, and used paper from the Amy Butler Designer Charm 12″ paper pack. I glued the paper down in vertical strips using Aleene’s® Original Tacky Glue™. My little fairy man is then decorated with a glued on paper flower and a Close to My Heart decorative brad. Perfect for an invite, an announcement, or as a Thank you card.
January 26th, 2012 is the official Craftsy Party Meetup day. What is Craftsy? It’s an online source for crafters and artists to learn and connect. What is a Craftsy Party Meetup day? This worldwide day is a great way to meet other crafters and artists in your own area. It’s also a great way to pick up techniques for knitting, crocheting, quilting and paper arts. To locate a meetup near you or to find out more info go to Meetup.com or Craftsy.com
On the 12th Night of Christmas my True Love made for me…Paper Party Flowers to celebrate 2012! I saw some Paper Party Flower decorations from Martha Stewart years ago and decided to make my own interpretation of those. All it takes to make my flowers are-
1) 3 sheets of Anna Griffin 12″x12″ Scrapbooking paper, in Green and White
2) Pink Wire edge ribbon to connect them
3) scissors, tape runner and a hole punch
5) Ruler and bone folder to score
6) Velvet leaves, flowers and ornaments to trim with
Score lines on your paper and fold. Here are some measurements for Score Lines to get you going. Score at 2″ , 1 1/4″, 1 1/4″, 3″, 1 1/4″, 1 1/4″, 2″
Try them first on a scrap piece of 12″ paper before using your nice paper!
Repeat these steps 2 more times until you have 3 folded petals all together. Now, using the hole punch make two holes side by side about an inch apart on the bottom of all 3 petals. Lay the petals on a flat surface with the ends that are hole punched facing inward. With the wire edged ribbon start to thread the ribbon through all three petals in the first row of holes, and then finish threading all 3 petals through the second row of holes. Pull the ribbon gently til the flower petals are all together and then tie a knot. Take your scissors and trim an arch shape on the edges of each petal, you can use a template, draw it on or just line up each edge to the previous one to make sure they are even. Gently fan out the edges of each flower petal. To finish, glue your petals, flowers and ornaments on to decorate!
On the 11th day of Christmas my True Love Scrapped for me…a 2011 Scrapbooking Page! I finally got to take pictures of my page celebrating eleven and what better way to do that than celebrating the actual year ’11! Clocks, stars, champagne glitter and tinsel-like gold trim all ring out the old year in style.
Here’s some of the supplies I used for my page-
1) Creative Memories Christmas paper and Big Circle template
2) Close to My Heart Tulip and Dotted paper
3) Clock, tab and star stickers from Creative Imaginations
4)Aleene’s® Original Tacky Glue™ for the 11
5) Champagne colored Fine Glitter
6) Close to my Heart Brads
7) Creative Memories tape runner for the paper adhesive
Chipboard for the 11
Claire Selby handmade cards
Marie antoinette theme Card $7
Claire Selby Fairy in the Woods ATC